Sunday, September 23, 2012

TREEHOUSES

TREEHOUSES.....  Our neighbor is building a treehouse.  Yes, he really is!  

He's about 30 something, married to the sweetest woman and they have 2 boys -- precocious is the perfect word for them!  I'll call the boys Joey (the oldest, about 7) and Harry (about 5).  So, my neighbor (how about Bob for him?) is up on the platform that's been created so far, with his wife (you like Janet?) on the topmost rung of the ladder.  Harry was with his daddy earlier, just the two of them, and he was just working away with an electric screw driver...  such an inspiring sight!  It looks like it might turn out to be something like this house shown to the left.  

As my mother and I sat, relaxing from a dip in an unseasonably cool pool, she was reminded of just such a scene involving her own husband (my dad) and several of the children - my brother, myself -- my older sister, says mom, would be like Bob's oldest son, Joey, sitting in the house probably reading a book.

You know, not very long ago Mom found a wonderful treehouse bed and breakfast on the Internet (called the mushroom house or something along those lines) that we seriously considered booking.  Eventually, it was decided that it might not be to our liking if one of us, say, trip on the first step down...  !!

This particular treehouse (right) looks like it'd make a great place to visit but, there again, that first step is a doozie!




There are many really unusual treehouses around the world.  Here's one that's an absolute architectural enigma.  Do you think you'd like to stay in it?

Rather puts new meaning to the phrase "bird in a gilded cage!"

Well, I wish my neighbor the very best of blessings upon his new project.  I know his boys are very excited about the prospects the finished play area will bring.  I imagine there will be years to come of dreaming up clubs and rules and initiations...  but to begin with, they are experiencing the best time ever -- time with daddy who is smart enough to let them have a part in the construction of an object that bonds them together by heart!  How marvelous....


No comments: