Tuesday, September 13, 2022

LOOKING TO THE DAY...

WOW!!  Where has the time gone!?  I write this blog during the month of September, 2022.  On June 2, 2021 my sweet Mother passed on to Glory to be with Dad, and all of the family that have gone on before.  It's been more than a year and yet there are times that still surprise me with the overwhelming suddenness of the separation.  Perhaps it's because I was born on HER birthday - and never had a birthday celebration without her until I turned 65!

Now, the temperatures have been so very hot and, with the beginning of Autumn drifting in, once again I begin to feel melancholy, yet peaceful. Autumn is my favorite time of year and yet it lasts such a short while. Before we know it, Thanksgiving and Christmas are upon us and the frenzy to celebrate starts up.  

If you look back to one of my previous blog entries, you'll find a poem that swept over me a short while after my Father died in 2007.  It's called "Chasing Autumn's Trail".  Even now it thrills my inner being to reach the reading of the last few lines ...  where Autumn takes hold of Old Season...  If only I were able to "take hold" of my parents once again -- to hold them in my arms and smell their comforting fragrances -- what rapture that would be...  Oh, Heavenly Father, how I long for the day when we will ALL be together again.  My heart goes out to those with no Hope of seeing their loved ones again. Praise God I have that assurance through Jesus Christ. What a DAY that will be!

Missing you Wayne Allen and Melvina "Penny" -- See you soon!  

No comments: